ARCHIVE

July 31, 2011

Mango Cod


Cod (or any firm meat fish)
One mango
Mint (small handful)
Cilantro (small handful)
One red raw Thai chili
¼ of a small red onion
Lime
Salt
Black pepper
Olive oil
Fish sauce
Sweet cherry tomatoes

1) Salt and pepper fish. Cook fish in olive oil over medium heat (3-4 minutes on each side; ½ thick). Make sure pan is hot before putting fish in pan or the fish will steam and not fry for a nice crust. Check for firmness, not hard or the fish will be overdone. Remove from pan and let rest for at least 5 minutes.

2) Dice the mango and chop up the mint, cilantro, Thai pepper, and red onion. Mix well. Add salt and black pepper to taste.

3) Plate the mixture and top off with the fish. Sprinkle a little lime and fish sauce to fish. Remember, it already has salt, so add fish sauce to fit your taste.

5 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 31, 2011

    Can I just PAY you to come and cook for me??? =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. As long as you put on something nice with that pretty face... and put the man out for the night. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if you knew this about me, but I'm OBSESSED with mangoes. Usually I can't bring myself to use them in recipes b/c I enjoy them alone so much, but I bet this is a perfect pairing. YUMMY! Love the colorful photo, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My stomach seriously just grumbled loudly. This dish is sooo my kind of food...I ordered fish sandwhich today at fast food place, so gross in comparison! ahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veronica, I would love a mango orchard/farm one day. Surprisingly, anything sweet and citrus goes great with fish.

    ReplyDelete